January 11th (*Wednesday*), 2023 SFPE Greater Charlotte Meeting back at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille!
Specified Technologies Inc.
Firestopping Key Points
In this one-hour course, the basics of life safety and code compliant design for firestopping installation are covered. Additionally, this course covers major issues in design such as the coordination of different trades responsible for firestopping. A UL system approach for firestopping for mechanical, plumbing, sprinkler, electrical and data cabling penetrations is covered, as well as for joint construction and curtain walls. Finally, This Course covers how code requirements can impact design.
• The role of barriers and compartmentation
• How barriers are compromised
• Basics of code requirements
• Following a UL system approach
• Product selection
• Define the main type of firestop systems.
• Describe the UL System approach to managing firestop compliance.
• Recognize the basics of life safety design, such as when, where and why to firestop.
• Identify codes and standards and discover the steps necessary to design compliant firestop solutions.
• Identify firestop systems by trade.
Presenter: Jay Guidotti - Specified Technologies Inc.
Graduate with a degree in Industrial Distribution and a Minor in Marketing from Western Carolina University in 2002.Employed by Specified Technologies Inc, NJ for 16 years. I am the Territory Manager for NC, SC, and Bermuda. Came out of Western Carolina into distribution selling construction supplies including firestop before taking the position with STI. Have been involved in all aspects of Firestop on hundreds of projects throughout the Carolinas and Bermuda.